Cairnwood was the estate of industrialist John Pitcairn and his wife Gertrude Starkey Pitcairn. Land was purchased as early as 1891 and construction begain in 1895 and continued for two years. In addition to the residence, the estate contained a farm that included fruit orchards, a poultry business, truck vegetables, a stable and greenhouses for plants and flowers. This series contains photographs, newspaper clippings and other material related to the history and/or current operations of Cairnwood. The material in this series does not duplicate material found in the Academy of the New Church Record Group.