Francis Buell, known as Rita, was the Principal of the Girls Seminary and head of the English Department. In 1922, Raymond Pitcairn offered to build her a house on a lot that she owned or on a different lot. Eventually she exchanged lots for a different one and Raymond helped design the house for her. In 1929, Raymond Pitcairn and Charles Brown, acting as executors of John Pitcairn’s (1841-1916) estate, sold to Francis Buell the property on Alnwick Rd. in the Borough of Bryn Athyn for the amount of One Dollar ($1.00). Whether this was a “gift” or whether it was a financial instrument for the exchange of the property which she owned is not known as there is not currently a record of the other half of the transaction. The letters in this series are processed by item, and there are photographs of the construction, the interior and the exterior of the house. A copy of the above mentioned deed is also amongst the papers.